HOMEMADE LIP BALM - CREAMY COCONUT


We had a lot of beautiful days this fall, but weather is getting colder everyday, so we have already begun to prepare our scarves and boots. This time of year, our skin and lips are definitely not friends with dry air and wind. That's why I decided to make my own lip balm. It is more than easy to make and delicious to use.



I found my lip balm containers online. These days you can find anything online, plus you get it delivered to your home address. :) Depending on where you order from, you can wait a few days or a few weeks for the package to arrive. If you're too impatient, you can always use the empty container from your previous lip balm, or any small plastic or tin box.


The recipe is very simple. Since I made enough balm to fill 20 containers, I'll write the recipe with the measures of the ingredients that I used, but you can customize it to your needs. You will need:

coconut oil (150g)
essential oil of your choice (just a few drops)
gelatin (5g )
edible powder food color (if you want to color your lip balm and make your lips pop)

Coconut oil melts pretty easily, so you can put it on a low heat until it becomes liquid. Also, a few minutes in the microwave can do just fine. When it becomes liquid, add the essential oil and gelatin. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved and then add color powder and mix again (if you're using it, of course). Pour the mixture into containers. When it cools enough, your lip balm is ready. You can use a knife to cut the tops of you balms at a sharp angle to get the lipstick look. And your work is done! :)

I read that beeswax is great for making lip balm, so if you prefer thicker creamy texture, you can use this instead of gelatin. I didn't use it because I wanted my balm colors to match the containers and beeswax would give them a little darker shade.



If you like coconut, you'll love this balms. They smell fantastic, using them is a true pleasure. So yummy! :D


I can not wait to share this homemade lip balms with my loved ones. We will smell like coconut with our shiny lips while singing Christmas carols! :)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment